Lab services are needed in several circumstances, for example, your provider might recommend testing if:
- You’re experiencing unusual symptoms
- You need routine screening for high cholesterol or glucose levels
- You have a chronic illness
- They’re trying to plan your treatment
- You need pre-operative clearance
Lab testing can also give your provider information about how a current treatment plan is working. The results from lab testing can help the providers at Family Medicine Clinic and Women’s Health adjust your medications, diet, or other aspects of your therapy.
Lab testing is often part of a routine wellness exam, sick visit, or women’s health visit. The testing provides important information about your current health and if you are at risk of conditions like diabetes, high cholesterol, or hormone irregularities.